During their visit to GCC’s main campus, students will participate in interactive activities in eight occupational areas of study:
- Engineering, to explore rockets and catapults;
- Computer Assisted Design, to see how to make computer software models;
- Nutrition, to learn how food intake converts to fat, muscle and energy;
- Physical Fitness, to examine bones, muscles and movement of the body;
- Child Family Studies, to participate in an obstacle course and “play” activities used by careers working with children and families
- Nursing, to experience various lab exercises;
- EMT, to put their hands on emergency equipment and learn response procedures;
- Automotive, to see how to use diagnostic equipment for auto repair.
The visit, arranged and hosted by the Early Childhood Education program, will emphasize the importance and connection of completing homework with rigor, in preparation for college-level work.
After their long morning of learning the students will enjoy lunch outside at the Student Union barbecue area.